Autumn has finally arrived! And, along with golden landscapes, orange and red leaves, and cooler days comes a plethora of in-season fruits and vegetables! From pumpkins, eggplants, and squash to apples and more, celebrate fall with these delicious and nutritious recipes that are ripe for the picking!
Baked Apple Oatmeal Crumble
Perfect for breakfast or as a hearty snack! This recipe comes courtesy of Five Heart Home and we think it’s the perfect combination of healthy and happy fall ingredients.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced apples
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup milk (any kind)*
- 2 eggs*
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil (warmed)
- Preheat to 350°F
- Combine oats, walnuts, cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix in apples, applesauce, milk, eggs, syrup, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Stir in coconut oil until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the mixture into a greased baking dish
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set and light golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool in the baking dish for at least 5 minutes before slicing
Tip: To keep the coconut oil from solidifying, room temperature eggs and milk work best. Just place eggs in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes and zap the milk in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
Chocolate Vanilla Chai Frappuccino
Our ElevaciTea Vanilla Chai Tea offers sustained energy, elevated mood, appetite control, and weight loss. And with only 3 carbs and less than 1 gram of sugar, it’s no wonder people rave about it! By itself or as a yummy frappucino or smoothie, one taste, and you’ll see why!
- 1/2 scoop of Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 scoop of ElevaciTEA® Vanilla Chai
- 1 Cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Scoop KetoCre®
- 1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
Directions: Mix well with 4-8 oz of hot or cold water. Froth well and enjoy!
Dirty Chai Tea Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 scoop of Elevate Max®
- 1/2 scoop of ElevaciTEA® Vanilla Chai
- 1 TBSP of Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Banana
- 5-6 Ice Cubes
Directions: Blend all ingredients and garnish with banana slices or dried banana.
Autumn Harvest Salad
Fall was made for salads! As a side or a meal, the Autumn Harvest Salad pairs well with proteins. Just top with your favorite light dressing or try the one below.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens (arugula, spinach, and kale)
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash cubes
- 1 cup sliced apples (use your favorite variety)
- 1/4 cup red onion slices (optional)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Roast the Butternut Squash:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Toss the butternut squash cubes with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread a single layer on a baking sheet
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized. Allow to cool.
Prepare the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until well combined. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
Assemble the Salad:
- In a large salad bowl, combine the mixed salad greens, roasted butternut squash cubes, sliced apples, pomegranate seeds, and chopped pecans.
- Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese on top for added creaminess.
- Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad. Gently toss the salad.
An easy, fall-loving side dish with just 3 ingredients!
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, or as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place bread crumbs in a small shallow dish.
- Coat eggplant slices on both sides with mayonnaise, then press into bread crumbs to coat.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the bottoms are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Flip slices over and continue baking until brown on the other side, 20 to 25 minutes.