The pace of life is crazy! Hit the ground running. A hundred miles an hour… 14, 16, sometimes 18 hours a day. Phone’s blowing up. Kid’s acting out. Bills are due. Or are they overdue? Your boss wants to see you. Your spouse is unavailable. Texts. Emails. DMs. Did you see the news? What now? Not again! You’re not ready? We’re going to be late. Actually, we’re already late. AAAAHHHH!!!!
Welcome to Monday. Or Thursday. Or any day. Stress is everywhere. All the time. We live in a world of perpetual motion, data overload, and borderline overwhelm. You’ve got too many tabs open on your computer and in your head. We get it. We do, too. Don’t worry (really). We got you! Read on …
Dangers of Chronic Stress
We’re not trying to stress you out, but we want you to understand that stress is a killer. Literally. Here are just a few of the issues that can result from out-of-control stress and anxiety.
- Weight Gain
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Stomach Upset
- Frequent Illness
- Heart Issues
Six Simple Steps to Reduce Stress
Life can come at you. Stuff happens. But, there are many things that are in your control.
Here are six simple (and important) suggestions to help you manage stressful situations.
- Watch what you eat and drinkEat healthy food. Avoid artificial ingredients. Easy on the alcohol. Stay away from cigarettes.
- Exercise regularlyBe consistent. Walk, jog, or run. Stretch, lift, or swim. Get outside, enjoy some sunshine and fresh air.
- Get 7+ hours of sleepYour body and brain recharge at night. Your immune system is most active during deep sleep.
- Manage your expectations, goals and valuesBe grateful for what you have. Don’t try to be perfect, just try to get better. Live an aligned life.
- Surround yourself with positive people and informationLimit your intake of negative news. Be aware of who you let into your life and your thoughts.
- Save some time for yourselfYou can’t give to others if you have nothing to give. Take care of yourself in every way.
Take a Deep Breath
- Get comfortable
- Put on some relaxing music and dim the lights
- Breathe in through your nose and fill your belly with air
- Hold it for a moment
- Breathe out through your nose at a similar or slower pace than your inhale
- Put your hand on your belly and feel your belly rise and fall
Bye-bye racing thoughts. Nighty-night muscle tension. Tune out the noise and nonsense. Stress melts away as cortisol levels lower. There’s no buzz (it’s alcohol-free). Just a smooth, all-over peace. Sleep sneaks up on you with a warm embrace. And in your deepest slumber, you rejuvenate.
Your brain and body re-charge like a battery. And then you wake up… WOW! You look and feel great. It’s called “beauty sleep” for a reason. You’re healthier too. In addition to your new-found calm, expect to notice that you feel happier.
Unwined is a cheat code for stress reduction. Just sip and chill every night. This is the perfect product for the craziness that we call life in 2022.