Could Bacopa monnieri benefit you?
Have you heard of the many benefits of Bacopa monnieri? Also known as water hyssop, Brahmi, and Herpestis monnieri, this water-loving plant has been used for thousands of years in India as Ayurvedic medicine. In fact, it was first mentioned in the ancient Sanskrit Books around the 6th century A.D.
Also referred to as a nootropic, thanks to its ability to promote cognitive function, one thing is for sure: the benefits of Bacopa monnieri are as plentiful as its namesake!
Here are six things you may not know about Bacopa monnieri:
- Antioxidant-rich! Bacopa monnieri is chock full of antioxidants that help protect your body against free radicals and cell damage.
- Memory booster. Thanks to its saponins, a chemical found in plants. Scientists think the effects of saponins can help to enhance your memory.
- Possible inflammation reducer. Some inflammation is good, since it helps your body heal and fight diseases; but constant levels of low inflammation have been linked to chronic conditions, like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and more.
- Less stress. Another benefit that may be contributed to Bacopa monnieri is its ability to reduce levels of cortisol (which is closely linked to stress levels) in the body. By helping your body ward off stress, Bacopa monnieri is thought to help elevate your mood.
- May lower blood pressure. Bacopa monnieri may help to lower blood pressure. By releasing nitric oxide, blood vessels are dilated for easier blood flow, hence lowering or stabilizing blood pressure.
- Beginner plant. Bacopa monnieri is considered a great plant for beginners. Under the right conditions (there are only a few), it can be grown year-round in the home and is easy to propagate. It’s even a popular choice for aquarium tanks since it can grow and thrive underwater.
Looking to Bacopa monnieri for yourself? You can find it in many of the HCo. products, such as our Elevate Max® + Energy caps and Georgia Peach.
Elevate Max® + Energy caps
Our Elevate Max® + Energy caps deliver Mood Enhancing, Appetite Controlling, Xtreme energy without the crash. It really is magic in a capsule.
ElevaciTea Georgia Peach is a weight managing, focus & mood enhancing, nootropic Happy Tea. And, with its delicious peach flavor, it’s the ideal afternoon pick-me-up.
* This post is for educational and informative purposes only. The Happy Co. products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.