Wish you could lighten up your summer meals without compromising on taste or spending hours and hours cooking? Whether you’re aiming to shed a few pounds or simply adopt a healthier lifestyle, we’ve got you covered with four delicious low-calorie recipes that are perfect for the season.
What’s more, these recipes are not only low in calories, but they also align with the principles of intermittent fasting and keto, making them a great addition for those on a diet regimen.
Refreshing Basil Mint Watermelon Salad
Just 15 minutes is all you need to serve up this light and yummy summer salad! It’s perfect for those hot summer days when you’re craving a light and refreshing side!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes 8 servings
Calories: 274 cal
- 8 pounds whole seedless watermelon, chilled (about 12 cups of cubed fruit)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tsp honey (optional)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
This salad is best made just prior to serving. Prepare one hour or less before eating.
- Remove watermelon rind
- Chop or scoop watermelon into 1-inch chunks
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, fresh lime juice, salt, honey, and black pepper.
- Place watermelon in a large salad bowl.
- Add dressing and chopped mint and basil, and toss gently to coat.
- Last, add crumbled feta to the salad bowl and gently stir.
- Serve cold.
Orange Keto Creamsicle
Is it even summer without an icy popsicle? Just like the ones from your childhood, only with lots of benefits and a lot less guilt! Thanks to KetoCre® Keto Creamer, you get a fat burning, muscle building, metabolic boost!
And with Zest®+ Lemonade, it delivers appetite control, long-lasting energy, antioxidants to neutralize free radicals†, and of course that dose of happy we’re known for.
Total Time: Under 5 minutes
Makes 1 serving
Calories: 125 cal
- 1 scoop Zest+ Happy Lemonade
- 1 packet of Crush Orange Drink Mix
- 1 scoop KetoCre Keto Creamer
- 4 cups of water
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until mixes have dissolved. Add mixture to popsicle molds and freeze for 6-8 hours or until firm.
Savory Baked Zucchini Chips
Craving something that brings the salty, crunchy goodness of chips without the added calories? Then you’ve got to try these baked zucchini chips! With just 5 minutes prep time, these crunchy faves are just as easy as they are tasty.
Total Time: 22 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- Oil spray
- 2 medium zucchinis; cut into ¼-inch slices
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano or italian seasoning mix
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Line oven trays with parchment paper or cover pans with oil spray
- Divide the zucchini slices among your prepared pans and sprinkle with the seasonings.
- Toss to coat then arrange in a single layer without overlapping.
- Lightly spray with cooking oil spray, then sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden and slightly crispy.
Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Parfaits
It’s been said breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but after tasting these parfaits, it might just be your favorite. Plus, with protein and fiber, it will keep you full longer. Best of all, it’s only 10 minutes prep time. Then just stick in the fridge for a couple of hours or even overnight.
Total Time: 2:10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Calories: 520 per serving
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 4 oz of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1 scoops KetoCre Keto Creamer
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup fresh strawberries hulled and chopped
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserve
- In a large bowl, mix together KetoCre Keto Creamer and water and stir until dissolved.
- Add yogurt, cream cheese, honey, and vanilla to KetoCre mixture, and whisk until creamy. If mixture is too thick, slowly incorporate more water until desired consistency is achieved.
- Stir in the oats until fully incorporated.
- Divide the oat mixture into jars.
- Top with fresh chopped strawberries and a tbsp of strawberry preserves.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Make sure you tag us on social media if you try any of these recipes. We love seeing your creations! Use the hashtag #happycorecipes
†These product statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.